I founded and lead Empowering Parents UK. Based on my experiences in education and consulting I understand the difficulties many parents and children face daily. Schools have ongoing funding issues and often lack suitably qualified and experienced staff.
Why am I qualified to support you and your child?
- I am a qualified Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo), Inclusion Manager and leader in a primary school.
- I have a range of qualifications in SEN and working with children with different needs.
- I am a Specialist Leader of Education for SEN.
- I am a qualified primary school teacher with experience across different ages.
- In a school setting I have over 15 years of experience working with children; in a class, small group and 1:1.
- I have experience of tutoring children outside of an educational setting.
- I am a mother of three children.
I have extensive specialised experience in:
- Advising parents regarding their child's specific needs
- Observing and supporting children with a range of behavioural needs
- Supporting all children across the school environment to ensure they learn to the best of their ability
- Tutoring children on a 1-1 basis
- 1:1 therapeutic support
- Small group-work therapeutic support
- Advising teachers and teaching assistants on supporting children with different needs in the school setting
- Providing individual learning plans and targets to suit individual needs
- Developing inclusion across schools
- Training staff in appropriate approaches to specific child needs
- Writing behaviour plans
- Supporting parents through meetings, emails and phone calls
All parents should have access to support and information to help them with the role of parenting.
There should be support to help parents find answers and feel empowered in their parenting role.
Parents should have advice to improve their understanding of how their children view themselves.
Every child is unique and has a range of needs. I aim to support children to improve their own view of themselves; understanding why they behave the way they do and how they can see themselves differently. This comes through recognition, advice and support.
Children can understand the world they live in through recognising their own good qualities and how they fit into society.
My qualifications include:
- BSc English with Educational Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Certificate in Special Needs with Inclusion- National Award for SEN Coordination
- Positive Handling Trainer course- November 2018
- Teaching for Neurodiversity (train the trainer)- November 2016
- Specialist Leader of Education training with Bexley Teaching School Alliance- November 2016
- SENCo training- SEN support guidance- January 2016