The way we work
After an initial free 30 minute consultation with Babs a plan will be arranged for further support. This may contain some or all of the following, according to individual needs. All plans will be discussed and arranged with the parent(s) beforehand, including time scales and charges. Further appointments will then be arranged according to the plan.
Empowering Parents UK provides individualised, empathetic and expert support for parents by giving;
- Good, clear advice around supporting the child at home
- Advice around how the child should be supported at school
- Advice on how they can work with the child’s school to best support them
- Advice around supporting and dealing with challenging behaviours
- Advice on other professionals who could further support the child
- Training for parents on interventions and supports that will help them understand their child’s needs
- Explanations and advice on professionals’ reports
- Joint meetings with other professionals to discuss needs together
- Preparation of EHC plan documentation
Consultations are given at the Empowering Parents UK office, in Dartford and by Skype. Please contact me if you would like consultations via email or phone.